Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Demi Moore a bit Demiless on Letterman Promotes Flawless

I happen to love late night television. I do not have a favorite show, but do confess I do love my Monday Night Headlines with Jay Leno, which I caught last night. I then surfed over to watch Demi Moore promote her new movie "Flawless" which also stars Michael Caine on David Letterman's show. It was then I thought to write this post.

I was surprised at Demi's obvious nervousness last night on David Letterman's show. This woman is normally quite strong and exudes mountain's of confidence. She has been on his show enough times that I was actually stunned to see her keep flinching her hair away from her face. I wondered what was causing her nerves to be a jitter. You could hear it in her laugh, how reserved her speech was and how she really didn't barely mention the movie at all except at the end.

The one time she seemed to be 'herself' was when we did hear her speak about her leech therapy - now I have heard about leech therapy for sometime. No, I would not personally go about having leeches placed on my body. But, hey, when you are in the business of looking good, and frankly having to look not only good but excellent at any turn and time, I am sure many celebrities have tried many surreal therapies to make staying younger-looking longer. And in fact, leech therapy has helped thousands during life threatening surgeries. So, I am sure Demi knows what she is doing. It's her body, her mind and her life.

Now most people would have not even caught what I caught last night on Letterman, but the TV does not lie, and while watching her body language as she spoke, a lot was said than was unsaid. I am not about to propose anything that may or may not be happening in her life to cause this side of her to show...that is not my rant today. Nor is it my rant to chastise her in anyway either. In fact I believe Demi Moore has done some outrageous things that have brought good to all and she has done a lot more with her production companies than most people even know about. Here is where her success lies.

Furthermore, I am not trying to put in a dig at her actually, really I am not, but found myself wondering what's going on in her life that would make her act this way. Now I know doing press junkets to promote one's movies is never a fun task for actors and musicians alike, especially when it's one after the other. It can get easily very tiring, but she chose Letterman's show for the first large audience. And I assumed she chose this venue to help promote her new movie which has a fabulous look to 'it' with its filming style reminiscent of old-styled film movies, since she has always had great experience on Letterman's show.

Many people love her, and they should. But one last thing about her looks, I would have hoped her dress was simply one inch longer - the doll length is more suitable for Miley Cyress or one of Demi's daughters, I don't care about her knees, whether they showed wrinkles or not (they didn't!) and if they looked great (which they did) with I am sure a lot of work she must have done in exercise and possible surgery - but one inch longer in the dress length would have made the dress and her look more sophisticated, taller and lady-like. And lastly her hair, I wish she would have long bangs or something. She does have a rather good sized forehead, she has been wearing this look for sometime now, and could do with a new 'doo' - please Demi, I beg of you! You are a beautiful woman, but the Scarlet Letter filming is over, and so is that look.

I see she has donned on an accent for her new movie with Michael Cane, - "Flawless" we shall see if it pans out. In the movie clip we saw, she slipped out of the British accent several times. The look of the movie is great, though the story-line is a bit elusive since I believe it would ruin it for people due to the movie's twists and turns. I certainly hope is does well for them and all involved with the making of this film.

Here's a quick description of the movie that will be released this Friday: " Laura Quinn, a bright, driven and beautiful executive at the London Diamond Corporation finds herself frustrated by a glass ceiling after years of faithful employment, as man after man is promoted ahead of her despite her greater experience. Hobbs, the nighttime janitor at London Diamond, is virtually invisible to the executives that work there, but over the years has amassed a startling amount of knowledge about how the company runs. Hobbs has his own bone to pick with London Diamond. Observing Laura's frustration, he convinces her to help him execute an ingenious plan to steal a hefty sum in diamonds. But unbeknownst to Laura, Hobbs plans go even farther than he's let on, and together they set in motion a thrilling heist of dizzying proportions, the likes of which London has never seen. "

Oh Meow...what a way to start a Tuesday Morning!

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: